Peace Corps Prep Program
The Peace Corps Prep program offers a great opportunity to students in any major who are interested in joining the Peace Corps upon graduating from Boise State. The program provides guidance through the core competencies, including curricular, experiential, and professional. Upon completing the program, students receive a Certificate of Completion from the Peace Corps headquarters, certifying them as a competitive applicant.
The Peace Corps has identified four core competencies that are necessary to the intercultural work Peace Corps Volunteers do:
- Sector-Specific Skills: There are 6 Peace Corps sectors: Youth in Development, Education, Health, Community Economic Development, Agriculture, and Environment.
- Foreign Language Proficiency: Language requirements vary by region of service.
- Intercultural Competence
- Professional Experience and Leadership: Opportunities can be campus or community based, as well as both paid and unpaid experiences.
Administered by the Center for Global Education, the Peace Corps Prep program is free and open to all currently enrolled Boise State students.
Preferential application deadlines:
- Fall semester: December 1, 2018
- Spring semester: April 6, 2019
Boise State Contact:
To learn more about Peace Corps Prep and to connect with a Sector Advisor, please email: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About Peace Corps:
Please Visit the Peace Corps’ website.