Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

International Scholars

Photo of a Scholar doing research in a Boise State University lab

The Exchange Visitor Program (J Visa) is designed to bring, among others, scholars, researchers, professors and specialists to the United States for a variety of educational and cultural exchange purposes.  The purpose of this visa category is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchanges.

Our staff at the Center for Global Education is here to support Boise State University’s scholar community. We are your resource on immigration matters and we can also help you with any questions or concerns you may have about adjustment to live in the United States.

We welcome scholars from all over the world to enhance their learning and research through short-term, collaborative activities with Boise State University.  In most cases, scholars must be supported by a specific academic department.  If you are interested in becoming a scholar at Boise State University, then your first step is to reach out directly to the academic department in your field of academic interest.  You can learn more about the academic departments at Boise State University, including areas of teaching and research, by accessing department websites.  A full list of Boise State University academic departments can be found here.

If you are an academic department that would like to host an exchange visitor at Boise State University, then please contact Ruth Prince.