Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Official International Transcripts

Photo of Students, Fall 2016

An official transcript lists the grades or marks for all courses taken while studying at an educational institution. Please contact us for more information on how to submit an official transcript from your country.

For most countries, secondary or high school transcripts should be sent to us in a sealed envelope from your secondary or high school; or sent to us from the Ministry of Education, with their official stamp on the document and across the seal of the envelope. If you have taken examinations outside your secondary or high school, such as Ordinary and/or Advanced Levels, or the International Baccalaureate, results must be sent to us directly by the examination board or testing agency.

Official transcripts are required from all post-secondary institutions (colleges, universities, training schools) you have attended. The institution’s transcript must be in a sealed envelope, with the institution’s official stamp across the seal of the envelope. Attested copies will only be accepted if the copy is attested by the university’s registrar or examination office. The university’s stamp should be on both the attested copy and across the seal of the envelope. Attestations by individual professors, officials at affiliated colleges, or external notary publics will not be accepted.

All documents must be issued in English, or accompanied by an official, literal English translation. If you are sending us an official English translation, you must also include the official transcript in its original language.

Once transcripts and certificates have been received by Boise State University, we are unable to return them.

University Transcripts from India

Please submit your Annual Statement of Marks / Academic Transcript as well as a certified copy of your final or provisional degree certificate.  Boise State University does not accept consolidated mark sheets.

The annual statement of marks or academic transcript must be issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). It should list all subjects taken and marks earned for each year of study.  Please submit mark sheets that have been issued and or attested by the college you attended unless you studied at an autonomous or constituent college.  You can check if your college has autonomous status here.

Boise State University only accepts documents attested and sealed by the designated official at the institution that conducted the examination (e.g. Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Offices).  Attestations by officials at affiliated colleges cannot be accepted.

You may arrange for the documents to be sent directly to Boise State University by the university or autonomous college you attended.  If your university or college cannot mail directly, then please ask for the documents to be dated, attested and placed into an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination.

If you attended the University of Mumbai, Gujarat University or Goa University then please contact us for further information on how to submit your attested mark sheets.

If you are applying for a graduate program, then no high school records are required.

University Transcripts from Russia

Please have all documents certified by apostille through the authorized body of education of the Russian Federation in your region.  To view contact information for the authorized body in your region, please see here. 

Please contact us in advance of mailing any documents.

University Transcripts From China - for Undergraduate Applicants

In order for your university transcript requirement to be complete transcripts must be sent directly to Boise State University by one of the Ministry-authorized verification offices listed below. If you have a degree certificate, your degree certificate must also be verified through one of these offices. Each office provides different services. Please contact each for more information. Please note that we cannot return any documents that are submitted to us. 

University Transcripts From China - for Graduate Applicants

Boise State University requires that all Chinese university transcripts and degree certificates are verified. Since this can be time-consuming, Boise State University will provide a preliminary admission recommendation for Graduate College applicants based on official transcripts* without verification. Verification documents must be submitted before official final admission, class registration and student visa paperwork can be provided. Please submit verification documents to Boise State University prior to priority dates to allow sufficient time to process your student visa (if applicable). Verified documents must be sent directly to Boise State University by one of the Ministry-authorized verification offices listed below. Please note that we cannot return any documents that are sent to us.

(*) All transcripts must be sent in the sealed, official envelope of the university attended. Transcripts must be issued in English or must be accompanied by a word-for-word English translation completed by an official translation company. Please also submit certified copies of any degree and graduation certificates received.