Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

International Faculty & Visiting Scholars


The Center for Global Education supports and advises departments and scholars on immigration matters. This includes employment visa paperwork for international faculty and J-1 exchange visitor paperwork for international visiting scholars.

International Scholars

We welcome scholars from all over the world to enhance their learning and research through short-term, collaborative activities with Boise State University. In most cases, a specific academic department must support the scholar. We encourage prospective scholars to contact departments directly to explore research interests and potential collaboration. The department can then initiate J-1 scholar immigration paperwork by contacting the Center for Global Education. Learn more here about the Exchange Visitor Program and the J-1 scholar program.

International Faculty and Staff

The Center for Global Education provides advice on employment visa options for foreign nationals who are hired into full-time positions at Boise State University, such as tenure-track faculty appointments and research positions. Departments should work with the Center for Global Education as early as possible in the process. In many cases the best-fit option will be the H-1B employment visa category.