Intensive English Program – International Faculty Tutoring
The International Faculty Tutoring Program (IFT) is a service for multi-lingual faculty members who need to increase the effectiveness of the English language for scholarly purposes. Tutors assist faculty members on a one-on-one basis, in the following areas:
- Write competitive proposals.
- Increase effectiveness in the language used in research manuscripts to increase chances of publication.
- Design strong oral and visual presentations for conference.
- Design effective lab manuals, lectures, and other communication directed to students .
- Design effective classroom or conference presentations.
- Improve pronunciation in class lectures and lab.
How to Participate
The IFT is funded through Provost Office funds. Colleges and Departments of the faculty members provide shared funding for each participant. Allowable tutoring hours (monthly/weekly) for faculty members are determined by relevant College and Department.
The IFT Coordinator will:
- Arrange an qualified tutor for each faculty member for tutoring sessions, according to faculty needs;
- Introduce tutor to faculty member and outline program guidelines and expectations;
- Coordinate HR paperwork and tutor payment process with department staff;
- Approve time reporting for tutors;
- Collect and submit tutor reports and progress/results to department chairs upon request;
- Collect and distribute publications, grant funding, promotions, tenure appointments, etc as a measure of effective methods.
For more information, please contact Stephanie Marlow at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 426-2227.