Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Intensive English Program – Housing and Meal Plans

University Housing

Lincoln Townhomes

Following these steps will make reserving your housing easier.

Step One: View your options

Visit University Housing to see on-campus housing options. You will find information about housing prices under the “Rates” tab on the left or on their Rates page. Housing costs vary depending on your location. All options may not be available. Students are responsible for all housing fees, including daily charges for early move-in, daily charges for late move-out, lost key replacement, damages, and other costs.

Step Two: Select your housing

Once you have considered on-campus housing options that interest you, please email for assistance. When you email us, make sure to include your name and the type of on-campus housing you are interested in.

Step Three: Complete the housing application

After you have completed Step Two, you will receive an email with more information. You will be directed to fill out a housing application. At the end of the application, you will pay a housing down payment of $250.00 and an application fee of $50.  A few weeks after you have applied, you should receive an email from the Housing Office with your housing information.

Step Four: Plan for early arrival

After you have submitted your application and received your housing information, it is your responsibility to contact the Housing Office at to arrange for early arrival. Please make sure to include the following information:

  • First and last name
  • That you are an IEP student
  • The dates you plan to study (example: Fall 2013)
  • The date and time of your arrival
  • Your room assignment

Step Five: Move in

Once you arrive in the U.S. and are ready to move into your on-campus housing, go to the main office for each residence hall. If you have questions, contact the office at or call 1-208-477-1001.

The Housing Office closes at 5:00 p.m. If you arrive after 5:00 p.m., there will be an “after hours” phone number to call. If you need to find a hotel close to Boise State, please email  for assistance. Paying for a hotel is your responsibility.

Step Six: Make your housing payment

You can pay for your housing after you arrive to the Unites States. Once you have moved in, you will need to make your payment before the end of the first week. The IEP is not responsible for collecting your housing payment. Go to the Payments and Disbursements Office to make this payment. They are located in the Administrative Building room 101. Your student ID is required to make payments. If you need to pay by credit card or electronic bank transfer (wire), the IEP can help. Contact us at

Please note that BSU Housing Office manages all housing issues. The IEP does not manage university housing.

Meal Plans

Boise River Cafe

Meal plans are available if you are interested. There are different plans to meet different needs. You can make changes to your meal plan up until the 10th day of each semester through your MyHousing portal.

A meal plan gets you more than just food:

  • Quality, variety, convenience
  • Affordability
  • Great values
  • Healthy choices
  • No need to carry cash

For questions regarding Bronco Bucks, Meal Plans, Flex Dollars or Dining Services call the Information Desk at (208) 426-INFO (4636) or email

Commuter meal plans are available for anyone who wants to dine on campus, whether a resident or not. Commuter meal plans can be purchased at the Information Desk.

University Break

During some university breaks, students are required to change housing while the university closes some residence halls. Special arrangements can be made over these breaks so that you will not have to leave on-campus housing

Note: This may mean that you have to move to a different location on campus during the break.