Boise State University’s Intensive English Program
Whether your goals are academic, professional or personal, the Boise State University’s Intensive English Program provides many paths to your success.
- 5 eight-week sessions of English language instruction per year;
- Four-week sessions available;
- Beginning to advanced English language courses;
- 20 hours of classroom instruction per week;
- A highly qualified and experienced staff;
- Small class size and individualized attention to student learning goals;
- Integrated American cultural experiences;
- Community volunteer and service learning opportunities;
- BSU students and American volunteers to help you practice your English;
- A family-like community of international learners, instructors and staff.
A Friendly and Safe Community
Boise State University is located in the center of downtown Boise, Idaho’s capital city. Boise is one of the safest cities in the western United States and is well-known for its high quality of life and friendly local citizens. The cultural and recreational opportunities in Boise combined with the relaxed and healthy lifestyle of the residents make Boise a really nice place to live and study.
A Learning Adventure
In addition to a strong academic focus, our IEP offers an innovative approach to learning. We strongly believe that learning happens both inside of the classroom and out in the local community. It certainly happens outside of a textbook. That is why we provide many learning opportunities for you to share experiences with both your international classmates and American students. You will also have the chance to volunteer in the community, immerse yourself in the local culture and practice your English in meaningful, real-world situations.
Idaho’s Beautiful Outdoors
Idaho is a world destination for outdoor adventures and recreation. Walk along the beautiful Boise River that runs through campus. Bike the many trails in Boise. Adventure out of the city to enjoy downhill skiing, day-long hikes in the mountains, white-water rafting, mountain biking and many more activities. Discover the natural beauty that surrounds Boise.