Global Learning Opportunities is a US Passport Acceptance Facility. Applications are accepted by appointment only, call 208-426-2630 to set up an appointment.
A passport is the official documentation of your United States citizenship. You will need this document when traveling abroad.
- Identify which application you need to fill out.
- Application must be completed in black ink.
- Submit an official (certified copy) of your birth certificate with the date of registration, or the US naturalization papers signifying US citizenship. If you are renewing your passport, the current passport will suffice.
- Present a photo identification card (i.e. Driver’s License). If it has been renewed or issued in the last 6 months or is out of state, bring a secondary form of ID like a Social Security card, Student ID, or Work ID.
- Submit a photocopy of the front and back of your photo identification card.
- Submit one recent 2×2 passport photo (front-facing, head and shoulders. Snapshots and vending machine photos are not acceptable. Passport photos are available at the Passport Acceptance Facility at Boise State for $5 with a BSU ID, $15 without a BSU ID.
- Submit two checks or money orders for payment. One will be made out to US Department of State (passport fee); the other will be made out to Boise State University (execution fee). If you must have your passport within three weeks you will need to pay an additional fee of $60 plus any expedited mail fees (if applicable).
- Do not sign the application until in the presence of a Passport Acceptance Agent.
- You can pick up your forms right outside of the Global Learning Opportunities Office in the forms center. We are located in Room 227 of the Simplot/Micron Advising and Success Hub building.
- Passport forms can also be downloaded from the internet here.
- A standard $35 execution fee is charged on all passport applications. A check or money order will need to be made out to “Boise State University” for this execution fee. The passport processing fee is an additional $110 for a standard adult passport. A separate check or money order for the processing fee will need to be made payable to “US Department of State”. Additional services are available and for additional fees (photos, expedited services, etc.).
- Download a copy of the passport fees (PDF).
- The Most reliable parking for the Center for Global Education is in the Brady Street parking garage (near the Morrison Center). This is paid parking and you will need to visit a kiosk on to pay ahead of time. There are also some metered parking spots in the same area.
- There is some street parking across University and down residential roads, though it tends to fill up quickly when classes are in session.
Note: It can take 4-6 weeks to receive your passport. Expedited Services guarantees delivery within 3 weeks, however if you need it earlier than 3 weeks, you will need to go to the closest Regional Passport Agency (Seattle, WA). Expedited services are available for additional fees. Remember- applications cannot be accepted without an appointment.
Save money, time, and hassle by applying well in advance of your departure date!