As a full time faculty member in good standing, you are eligible to apply for a teaching position in one of the University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) month-long summer and/or semester long programs in Brazil, China, Chile, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Italy, Spain, and Thailand.
The following criteria give a sense of the type of faculty member and course offerings USAC seeks for its programs abroad. We strongly encourage faculty to work with Global Learning Opportunities to develop the course proposals appropriately tailored to each program site.
USAC Needs Professors who:
- teach courses in African studies, agriculture, anthropology, art history, biology, business, culture, economics, education, environmental science, history, humanities, linguistics, literature, political science, psychology, social sciences or tourism.
- would ideally relate one of those courses specifically to the teaching site, region or nation (that is, create an area studies course that is clearly international in nature). Language of instruction may be English.
- possess student evaluation summaries that reflect superior teaching abilities.
- are flexible regarding international living and working conditions and are willing to enthusiastically experience local culture with their students.
- are willing to contribute to the host university in addition to teaching the selected courses.
- are willing to publicize the opportunity to study abroad with them.
To learn more about the USAC sites visit https://usac.edu.
Applications are being accepted for Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021.
Applications are available here: 2020-21 USAC Visiting Professor Application Form(Word)
If you have any questions please contact Corrine M. Henke, USAC representative, firstname.lastname@example.org – (208) 426-2630