Mobile Menu

Broncos Abroad

First impressions

Flight to Incheon-Seoul

Flight to Incheon-Seoul

Well, after 28+ hours of travel, I made it to Thailand! I left Boise around 6:30am on Friday, May 18 and arrived in Chiang Mai around 10:30pm on Saturday, May 19. Thankfully all of my flights were on time and overall, had a very smooth travel experience! I have always enjoyed visiting new airports and was very excited to see the Incheon-Seoul airport on my connection.

I had just arrived from a 12+ hour flight from Seattle, so I was ready to stretch my legs and find something to eat. While I’m grateful for the meals on plane, I was ready for a substantial dinner and to try some Korean noodles. This meal was so delicious! The beef and broth was so good, I already can’t wait to try more when I have my layover there on the way back home next month.

Passport control in Chiang Mai

Passport control in Chiang Mai

Korean noodles in Incheon

Korean noodles in Incheon

Once I arrived in Chiang Mai, I had to wait about 45 minutes in line to go through passport control. This process was very simple once I was at the desk. I just handed over my passport, they verified my visa was valid, and I was on my way! I hopped in a taxi and headed to my hotel for the night. I was very ready to get a good night’s sleep after being awake for so long!

Baan U Sabai Hotel, Chiang Mai

Baan U Sabai Hotel, Chiang Mai

My hotel in Chiang Mai for the first night was beautiful! When I arrived, they had me remove my shoes and exchange them for the night with their special hotel sandals. I have noticed this is very common to remove your shoes in hotels, restaurants, sometimes to be replaced with specific shoes they provide, or to just be barefoot.

I wish I had had more time to experience all that the hotel had to offer, but off to Phuket/Koh Yao Yai I went for a couple of days of relaxation before school begins on Thursday!

Flight to Phuket

Flight to Phuket

Koh Yao Yai

Koh Yao Yai

This entry was posted in Meghan Holton. Bookmark the permalink.